Thursday, September 3, 2009

Health

I received a phone call from my doctor's office Tuesday. My antibodies screening came back negative so I needed to come in for another RhoGAM shot. Also, there was concern over other test results. I went in this morning at 9am. My platelet count had dropped from 212,000 to 186,000. These results mean that I have gestational thrombocytopenia. This happens in about 8% of all pregnancy. My counts just need to stay about 150,000. My doctor is not concerned unless they drop below 100,000. If this happens, I won't be able to have an epidural. Sometimes c-sections are talked about to control excessive bleeding at birth. I did read about there being a possible risk for Finley during birth, having trauma to the head with bleeding. This is only with ITP, with I don't have. So that is a relief. On a brighter note- I have gained two pounds since last week! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment